02 Feb CONSELFcae project release
CONSELF is proud to announce the official release on GitHub of CONSELFcae, fork of the well-known OpenFOAM®.
The spirit of the CONSELFcae project consists of two main points:
- Give the users an instrument ready to use on Debian/Ubuntu systems
- Merge contributions from different OpenFOAM® forks and branches into a single place
As users of one of the most popular linux distribution, we want to provide the community with a project that first of all is easy to install on any Debian derivative distribution – by using the package repository apt-get. Furthermore, we want to help the whole community take advantage of the many positive features which are now scattered among multiple forks of OpenFOAM®, which always requires to handle multiple installations.
With these things in our mind, we invite the whole community to start using this new instrument and to eventually contribute with requests and specifications.
Current CONSELFcae development version, updated with the official release of OpenFOAM® 3.0.1, is the one CONSELF uses in its cloud service at https://conself.com.
The main features you find in it are:
- Re-design of the system variables scheme to handle multiple versions of CONSELF cloud by editing a single environment variable named “CONSELFcae”
- Automatic installation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with third parts software taken from Ubuntu/Debian repository
- simpleConselfCO: steady state solver for incompressible flows with passive scalar calculation used for HVAC simulation of Car Park flows
- buoyantBoussinesqSimpleConselfCO: steady state solver for incompressible flow under the Boussinesq compressibility approximations with passive scalar calculation used for HVAC simulation of Car Park flows in fire case scenario
Here is the Github link: https://github.com/CONSELF/CONSELFcae-dev
It is CONSELF intention to keep the CONSELFcae repository aligned with the current and future versions of OpenFOAM®.
To be noticed: take advantage of other instruments available in our shop to increase your experience such as CGNS file conversion for OpenFOAM®.
CONSELF wants to make state of the art, cutting edge technology, available to every professional in the globe.
CFD & FEM simulation software is a very powerful tool, with its adoption optimization and innovation can be achieved in every field. To make this instrument accessible to everyone means lowering costs, but mainly to develop an infrastructure that favours a super-easy adoption by market new entrants.
CONSELF is highly committed and will pursue this goal working side by side with professional and industries to define the best strategies and solutions.
Ruggero Poletto – firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This offering is not approved or endorsed by OpenCFD Limited, producer and distributor of the OpenFOAM software and owner of the OPENFOAM® and OpenCFD® trade marks. OPENFOAM® is a registered trade mark of OpenCFD Limited, producer and distributor of the OpenFOAM software.